Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Overheard

When I was in DC there was a series of miscommunications that resulted in me having to wait for FastSigns to, well, make a sign. While waiting I got to spend about 20 minutes walking through The National Gallery of Art.

As I arrived, a group of high school kids was gathered in the lobby getting their assignment, which involved walking around, finding examples of various styles of art, and recording their thoughts.

I spent my sliver of time viewing an exhibition entitled “Crosscurrents: American and European Masterpieces from the Permanent Collection.”

At one point I heard one of the teachers explaining, “any painting that contains only one person is a portrait.”

Later, I heard a student who was standing in front of The Emperor exclaim, “man, every one of the paintings hanging in here is great!”

Uh, yeah.

No comments: