Monday, June 05, 2006

Two for the Money — 40%

DVD viewed June 3, 2006. First off, I don’t know how this movie got into my renal Q. I assume it was a suggestion based on other movies I’ve rented, and I took the bait. What could I have rented that made those bozos (or that bozo computer) think I’d like this?

Anyway, while the movie is entertaining in parts, overall it’s like watching a series of related but somewhat random scenes. There’s just something missing. I assume the rest of the story is on the cutting room floor. (They had to get it down to 122 minutes somehow, right?) Of course, I’m not a big fan of sports, betting, sports-betting, or seeing McConaughey without a shirt, so I may not be in the target demographic for this one.

2 comments:

M Griffin said...

I think I am part of the target audience, that is if the target audience is women over 40 who enjoy seeing Matthew McConaughey without his shirt on, and I still did not enjoy the movie. I contined to watch it out of boredom on a long flight. It was either that or read and listen to a screaming baby. I chose the man without a shirt on.

Taran said...

I hate it when unintended stuff gets up in my renal Q.